Thursday, August 20, 2009

Favorite Memory

I recently went to Florida to visit with my Grandmother who will be turning 96 in September.  She wrote me this poem and read it to me in a moment that will stay with me forever.

The Photographer by Helen Uhlin

 A photographer’s so important 

In a very special way,

To be where there is action

occuring every day.

In capturing the moment,

timing is an art;

And when the second’s right

the camera does its part.

To trust on memory is weak

when a crime is taking place,

But quickly snapping at the scene

can help to solve the case.

To photograph a family group

in a special accuracy

Preserves a wonderous treasure

for future ones to see.

So let us thank photographers

who stop the hands of time

For giving us unique pictures

to bring the past to mind.

 

No comments: