Thursday, July 17, 2008

Fran Pieragostini

Being able to capture people as they truly are, the beauty within, the tiny moments that make up our lives is indescribable.  My friend Fran was an incredibly gorgeous woman, so full of life and love, a wonderful mother, friend, daughter and wife.  She passed away on Tuesday and I am so grateful that I am able to share with the world what this woman brought to each life she came into.   We will always love you and miss you Fran.    



Francesca M. Pieragostini and unborn child of Brewster, NY passed away peacefully on July 15, 2008. She was born on June 28, 1975 in Mount Kisco, NY to Nicola and Rosa Cambareri and raised in Bedford, N.Y. Francesca graduated from Fox Lane High School in Bedford and earned her BFA degree in Interior Design from the School of Visual Arts in Manhattan. She was married on September 21, 2001 to Justin Pieragostini at St. Francis of Assisi Church in Mt. Kisco. She leaves behind her husband Justin, son AJ, parents Nicola & Rosa, siblings Joanna and Rocco, grandparents Giovanna and Francesco, father and mother-in-law Anthony and Cathy, brothers-in-law Adam and Joe, sisters-in-law Nicole and Kristie, grandmother-in-law Concetta and nephew Aidan. Francesca was an inspiration to all who were fortunate enough to have known her. Never one to accept limitations, she followed and realized all her dreams, living a rich and fulfilling life. She will be remembered for spirit, her remarkable strength and the happiness she brought to everyone around her. We would like to thank our family and friends for all of their love, prayers, and support during this difficult time. We extend our gratitude to the staff at the New York Presbyterian Hospital for taking care of Francesca. Memorial donations may be made in Francesca Pieragostini s Name to Children's Cancer & Blood Foundation 333 East 38th Street Suite 830 New York NY 10014

12 comments:

Robin Dini Photography said...

what a beautiful tribute Laura. what a beautiful woman.

amyg said...

just speechless, beautifully said laura and my deepest sympathy to all who were lucky enough to know her!

Brion Hopkins said...

Photos are a great way to remember someone. It sounds like she touched many people, my heart goes out.

Kate Schell said...

Fran was a spectacular person. She inspired everyone around her to be a better person. She was loving, generous and just dazzling. I am fortunate to have known her for as long as I did. She is now my angel in heaven. I will love and miss her forever. - Kate

Andy Schell said...

Thank you Laura for those words, and thank you even more for your photos; they capture her just the way we remember. Fran is beautiful in so many ways, and I am blessed to have been a part of her life for so long. We all love her and miss her dearly.

Laura Landau said...

Thank you all for the comments. If you are finding this blog because you knew Fran, please feel free to add something special about her to help celebrate her life.

Unknown said...

You captured the essence of this painfil tragic moment. You capture her in your photographs and words....eventhough i didnt know her. I feel i do now.

jensaporta said...

...such amazing and beautiful captured memories of Fran. Her smiles tells a million stories and expresses such warmth and vibrance. She was my childhood friend & her sweetness and kindness is so remembered. Thank u for sharing this page for all of us. May God bless you, Fran... you will be missed and loved by so many......

Vanessa Gronbach said...

I was blessed enough to have Fran in my life. She is my best friend, she was my maid of honor and is my son's Godmother. I am so sad that she will no longer be a part of my life but I will forever have her in my heart. I knew her 27 years and those memories will last me a lifetime. I love you and will always miss you Franny.

Unknown said...

My Love, My Wife. My Life, Although I may never know why our fairytale has ended, our memories and pictures like these will make me smile every day.

I am here now with AJ to celebrate our wonderful life and cherish our love forever. You are in my heart and soul forever forever. I kiss your lips when I tell AJ I love him. - I will always be here to cherish and love you....Forever!

Laura, I cannot thank you enough for posting these and being able to capture moments that will forever make me smile from the memories that we share.You are a very special person- Justin

Amanda said...

My name is Amanda Proulx - my maiden name is Simone. My family and I were shocked when we heard what had happened. Francesca was a beautiful person with a beautiful smile. God Bless her and her family. I played with Francesca when we were little girls in the Italian American Club. Our deepest sympathy - the entire Simone Family.

Cheryl S said...

What beautiful, gentle pictures these are of our Franny Fran! She has touched so many of us with her smile, laugh and her courage to live the 33 years that god gave her. Time was definitely to short for her on this earth. However, we will miss her terribly but she will never be forgotten. We love you Fran - The Sacchetti's